1. Golden Rules
- 1.1 Do NOT shoot fellow soldiers under ANY circumstances.
- 1.2 Do NOT pick up weapons that do not belong to your regiment (give to a staff member if found).
- 1.3 Always salute ranks of O-1 and up.
- 1.4 Always respect and obey a higher ranking officer - you may only challenge orders if you feel that they may be detrimental to the regiment or mission.
2. General Rules
- 2.1 Do NOT break NLR (New Life Rule). The NLR timer is 3 minutes. Do not return to the area of your death without direct orders or attempt to act on situations you were involved in prior to your death. During the timer you must not return to your area of death for it’s duration.
- 2.2 Do NOT abuse your rank. This included random orders and requests that may violate the golden rules.
- 2.3 Do NOT power game. This means making an RP situation work out best for yourself by unrealistic methods.
- 2.4 Do NOT Bunnyhop. This means jumping around map. This qualifies as FailRP and will be treated as such.
- 2.5 Do NOT use any aimbot or even any hacks in general, or it will result in you being permanently banned from the community
- 2.6 Do NOT abuse bugs. For example, walking under the map and shooting the enemies.
- 2.7 A staff member's decision is final, do NOT challenge it. If you have an issue with staff, report it on the forums.
- 2.8 Do NOT metagame. This means using information outside of conventional RP in order to enhance your gameplay. For example, using information in OOC chat so as to know where an enemy is hiding. This includes VOIP programs such as TS3.
- 2.9 Do NOT RDM (Random Deathmatch). This means killing people without a viable reason.
2.9.1 CDM (Car Deathmatch) also qualifies as RDM.
- 2.10 Do NOT FailRP. This means doing something that you would not normally expect in a given RP scenario. For example, shooting weapons randomly, sitting on people's heads, etc. Destroying the Mess Hall tables is classified as FailRP.
- 2.11 Do NOT troll/minge or seek to irritate other players.
- 2.12 Do NOT converse in languages other than English while in game.
- 2.13 Being offensive to staff or players will result in a mute/gag/warn if repeated.
- 2.14 Do NOT advertise, suggest, or reference content which is not associated with MesaGaming.
- 2.15 Any form of "spoilers" from a media product will result in a permanent ban. For example "Did you see that INSERT NAME HERE died in INSERT NAME HERE"
- 2.16 Any names that a staff member deems to be unfit will be told to change. If the user refuses, they will be punished.
- 2.17 Do NOT impersonate another player on the server. This is considered trolling/minging and will be treated as such.
- 2.18 Drones are a weapon as well as a vehicle, don’t use them as a toy, they are only to be used in attacks and training.
2.18.1 The only people allowed to use the Drones, are US Army and USMC Engineers, NK MI, and PLA Engineers.
- 2.19 Going AFK for an extended period of time while the server is at max capacity may result in a kick.
- 2.20 Only Drill Instructors are allowed to train trainees. If no DIs are available staff and experienced players may train (definition of experienced is defined by the staff member calling on the player).
- 2.21 Only O-1 and above can order an execution in the CEAA Faction, and you must put the target in restraints, blind them, have a firing line on them, issue them to say any last words, then have a countdown from three, You then order men in a firing line to execute.
- 2.21.1 O-1s can only execute enemies. O-4 may execute CEAA with a valid reason.
- 2.22 Mild racism is allowed, if directed at no one in specific, or light if directed at a person for the reason of comedic relief or RP (To an extent. If taken "too far", measures will be taken. By RP, occasions such as calling someone in the PLA a “chink” for example, are meant).
- 2.23 At any given time, only 2 APCs may be deployed at a time by each faction.
3. Roleplaying Rules
- 3.1 You must ask permission before leaving base or taking a vehicle. For example: /nato Permission to "insert order here".
- 3.2 Restricted areas are only accessible with a higher ranking officer present.
- 3.3 Do NOT arrest someone without a viable reason.
- 3.4 Do NOT lead trainees outside of their territory unless you are going to train them.
- 3.5 Running along the tops of fences/walls qualifies as FailRP.
- 3.6 Do NOT block doorways or passages which may interfere with the flow of people.
- 3.7 Do NOT use /roll unless you are within the circumstances to do so, you must only /roll in interrogations, and most importantly, bunk checks, in which you must /roll to check each person.
3.7.1 In an interrogation, the use of /roll is determined by the prisoner. If they wish, they can just reveal all the information they know without using /roll.
3.7.2 Lies as a consequence of winning a roll MUST be believable. For example, stating you are a PVT from the ChinkSquad may and should not be believed by the interrogator.
- 3.8 If you are to speak to someone out of character in your close proximity, when using chat, please use /looc. If using your mic, state the OOC nature of your message before speaking.
- 3.9 Do NOT break from your cuffs, if you break your cuffs, this will be noted as FailRP.
- 3.10 You shall address officers by their rank or by the term “sir”. Anyone below O-1 is to be addressed by their rank.
- 3.11 Do NOT follow orders which compromise the server rules.
- 3.12 Do NOT host or participate in duels/fights between allied soldiers. This qualifies as FailRP and RDM.
- 3.13 In the topic of FearRP, you must surrender and act upon FearRP if the enemy outnumbers you with a ratio equal or higher than 3:1. Any less and you may run and/or fight back. HEROIC LAST STANDS ARE NOT AN EXCUSE TO BREAK FEARRP.
- 3.14 Tryouts are OOC if inside the bases. If seen outside, they are subject to the same rules as any patrol and may be shot by the enemy faction depending on ROE.
- 3.15 A war must last from 20 minutes to 1 hour without extensions. In order to declare a war, no tryouts must be in progress and both sides must have their highest ranking officer at the time agree to partake in the war, they MUST have at least one staff member to supervise the whole ordeal for it's entire duration. War extensions must not go over 30 minutes and any given wars cannot have more than 2 extensions. In order to extend a war, there must be no/very low visible vocal opposition in chat.
- 3.16 Rules of Engagement (RoE)
3.16.1 While in and around a capture point/flag:
126.96.36.199 You may engage attackers of your capture poinst/flags.
188.8.131.52 You may engage defenders of a capture point/flag if you are attacking it.
NOTE: “Attacker” and “Defender” are defined as players who are actively engaging/defending the opposite faction in order to attack/defend the flag.
3.16.2 You may engage anyone vocally or physically threatening you (weapon off safety and pointed at you)
3.16.3 If a firefight is occuring in an area, a faction may KOS all members of the other faction, regardless of state (abiding to FearRP, of course). Not having a weapon out isn’t an excuse for getting killed in an area where a firefight is going on.
- 3.17 FearRP - You must surrender if the enemy:
3.17.1 Outnumbers you 3:1 or more.
3.17.2 Strips you behind your back without being spotted or noticed.
- 3.18 FearRP - You may surrender if the enemy:
3.18.1 Surrounds you/Overwhelms you without having a 3:1 ratio or higher.
3.18.2 Demands your surrender.
- 3.19 You may engage an enemy that has captured or is capturing a member of your faction, but inversely, the enemy faction may kill their captive if attacked.
- 3.20 All prisoner exchanges MUST be done with something of actual value to the faction, be it another prisoner, access to a restricted area, free passage through a checkpoint, a temporary truce, high value equipment such as helicopters and etc., a cache of weapons, and other such things of which money IS NOT included. Excluded from this are event factions that lack the means, resources and funding of the two main superpowers namely Insurgent Groups, Terrorists, Rebels, and PMCs.
4. Regimental Rules
- 4.1 Upon joining a regiment, you must wait 3 days before doing another tryout, and you cannot join the regiment you had just left for 8 days, as you are automatically blacklisted for that amount of time.
- 4.2 You can only be in one free regiment at a time, however, this does not apply with V.I.P jobs.
- 4.2.1 All VIP jobs equal a rank of E-4, regardless of your normal rank. This only applies for people above said E-4 rank, anyone below uses their normal rank.
- 4.3 Regimental disrespect will not be tolerated. (For example: "insert regiment name here" is terrible and they suck dick everyday)
- 4.4 If you go inactive (without making an inactivity post on the forums), you may be demoted without warning.
5. VIP Related Rules
- 5.1 With the purchase of any VIP package you must understand that you are in no way above the rules, you WILL abide by them, should you not, your package may be removed.
- 5.2 On Tactical Insertions:
- 5.2.1 You can use them anywhere, except from enemies bases/FOB or CPA.
- 5.2.2 NLR:
184.108.40.206 Inside base users of Tac Inserts have no NLR timer.
220.127.116.11 Outside base users of Tac Inserts have a reduced 1 minute timer, in lieu of the normal 3 minute one.
5.2.3 TIs (Tactical Insertions) must not be placed in glitched or bugged spots.
5.2.4 Users of TIs have one minute spawn cooldown, which means they must not shoot at or be shot at by anyone during that minute.
5.2.5 Destroying friendly TIs without their explicit permission is against the rules.
- 5.3 Platinum VIPs and Premium members are subject to certain rules pertaining to their special set of permissions.
5.3.1 While using !administrate, you MUST be using the Trainee job.
5.3.2 Do not give yourself any items you shouldn’t have (e.g. knives you have not donated for).
5.3.3 DO NOT ABUSE YOUR POWER.
5.3.4 Only use a physgun to build (Premium only) or flip vehicles.
5.3.5 You MUST NOT build if you are a PlatVIP. That right is reserved for Premium.
5.3.6 (PREMIUM ONLY) Building must be kept within reason and within RP.
5.3.7 (PREMIUM ONLY) If staff tell you to stop building or to tone it down, you do so.
6. Base Raiding Rules
- 6.1 There is only 1 life during a raid (NO TAC INSERTS), and you must go to Debrief after death.
- 6.2 Do NOT kill or even attempt to attack anyone in their barracks, barracks are off limits within a base raid, you will be brought into a staff sit and given a warning for RDM.
- 6.2.1 On the other hand, if killed during a raid, crouch and remain in your barracks with your weapon unequiped and do not attempt to leave and/or attack anyone raiding your base until the base attack is over, at which time you must make your way to Debrief.
- 6.3 There is no raids allowed during war, if you attack a base during war, you will be punished and even warned/kicked
- 6.4 Do NOT Kill recruits nor their trainers during a raid, as they cannot take part, if a trainer does take part during a raid, they will be punished.
6.4.1 Inversely, any trainer and trainees should remain with any weapons unequiped and must remain in their allotted training areas.
- 6.5 You cannot raid just for the kills, you are to only raid for terminal information or a hostage retrieval.
- 6.6 Base Raids can only be called by a Colonel+/O-6+.
- 6.7 Base attacks have a cooldown timer of 2 hours, which cannot be broken by either side whatever the circumstances. This timer starts once the last attacker is killed or the base attack is called off by the attacking commander.
- 6.8 A raid only ends once the last attacker is killed/captured.
7. Vehicle/Drone Rules
- 7.1 All vehicles are subject to a 5 minute spawn cooldown. Upon the need of a vehicle arising, the person or people in need of a vehicle must wait the specified time for a friendly to bring back a vehicle or to find a vehicle. Only after those 5 minutes can a vehicle be requested to staff.
- 7.2 Land Vehicles
7.2.1 Only E-4 and above may request a vehicle.
7.2.2 Vehicles must be tailored to the amount of people being transported.
7.2.3 Job specific vehicles must, as expected, be used solely by their intended job.
- 7.3 Aircraft/Helicopters
7.3.1 Aircraft have a spawn cooldown like all other vehicles. Aircraft Spawn Cooldown begins once a pilot has lost or crashed their helicopter.
7.3.2 Both factions have a helicopter limit of 3, making it an overall 6 helicopter on the server at once. This includes crashed helicopters.
7.3.3 Aircraft must only be spawned in their correct area. If needed, staff can hold an aircraft above the walls with a physgun while it spins up in order for it to take-off without issue.
7.3.4 The MH-53 Sea Stallion and the MV-22 Osprey can only be used if at least 5 people are to use it.
7.3.5 The only people eligible to fly helicopters are pilots in their pilot job.
18.104.22.168 Air Force LTC+ may fly helicopters in the pilot job.
7.3.6 Using the Sit Anywhere script on attack helicopters, helicopters not intended for transport, or on the exterior of any helicopter is classed as FailRP.
- 7.4 Drones
7.4.1 The only regiments and sub regiments that can use drones are:- US Army Engineers
- USMC Engineers
- PLA Engineers
7.4.2 The allowed factions can only use the following drones:- Trooper (NKMI) or Engineer Job (US Army, USMC, PLA) - Drone, Unarmed Drone, Repair Drone.
- Officer (NKMI) or Engineer Officer Job (US Army, USMC, PLA) - Drone, Unarmed Drone, Repair Drone, Laser Drone.
- Captain (NKMI) - Drone, Unarmed Drone, Repair Drone, Laser Drone, Double Minigun Drone.
- Commander (NKMI) - Drone, Unarmed Drone, Repair Drone, Laser Drone, Double Minigun Drone, Armored Drone, Self-destructing Drone.
7.4.3 Only 2 drones per side can be spawned at any time, for 4 drones total. This includes crashed drones.
7.4.4 Drones are subject to the same spawn cooldown as helicopters, which is 5 minutes.
7.4.5 Sitting on drones is FailRP.
- N.1 Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishments ranging from a warning to a ban.
- N.2 Breaking roleplay specific rules may lead to a demotion or blacklist from your current regiment.
- N.3 Breaking job specific rules or abusing VIP jobs may lead to your loss of access to those jobs.
- N.4 Breaking rules as a VIP may also lead to your benefits to be revoked temporarily or permanently depending on the situation, this is decided based on several criteria, including previous offenses, severity of current and past offenses, and propensity to minging/breaking rules.
- N.5 Due to the inherently unpredictable, situational, and ever-changing nature of rules, this thread is subject to updates and changes. If a situation where it seems someone has broken a rule but that rule isn't covered here, explain the situation to staff and trust their judgement.