1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daggers' Forum Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Daggersツ, 10 April 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daggersツ

Daggersツ Not racist Platinum VIP

Personal Information

Name: James

Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121541119/home/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80637695

Have you previously been banned on the forums or MRP?: Only MRP, years ago however.

Are you active on the forums (150+ posts): Yes

Number of posts: 1184

How long have you been on the forums?: 27th September 2017 (forgot password to old one)

Have you been forum/ig staff before: Yes, both

General Questions

What skills do you believe you offer to the F.A.T?:

I am:

Active:
    This is vital, because users are constantly needing moderators to edit threads, however have recently been unable to ask due to the deficit of staff. If I am accepted, then I will be able to scan what is needed of a FAT member at the given period.

Unbiased:
    This is also vital, because if it is only your friends who are breaking rules, then there will be no punishment handed out when they are needed. Also, if someone I may dislike and somebody who I like break the same rule, it will both be handled identically, by which I mean they will both receive the appropriate punishment.

Trustworthy:
    I am not one that is to abuse powers when given the trust to have them, this is very important because some FAT may get accepted then not be active at all on the forums and go against everything that they said they would do in their application.

Why do you want to be part of FAT? (3 paragraphs):

I want to be a member of FAT again, because:

I am an active user of the forums:
    This is very beneficial to me as a user, because I can lock threads and move them to the correct area (as I have recently noticed that applications etc aren’t locked and moved). Also, being a regimental commissioned officer, I can lock certain documents without having to wait for a member. Furthermore, I can clear up applications that have drama or irrelevant content being posted in the area.

I can use Xenforo:
    With this, I can (if given the permission) create necessary tags which will benefit new users and know important members and their roles. Furthermore, if any ideas are suggested, I can test them on demo’s and test if they actually work and how it will affect our current forms.

I can help users:
    I am one of the most active members on the forums, whether that is just having a flick through and viewing new content, or posting my own content. I check it at least once every hour to check if any important information or new applications have been posted. Due to this, users can ask me to use my given permissions to: stick, lock, move, delete threads or give / remove tags. Here I am able to help users frequently and ensure that they are enjoying their experience on our forums.

What would you do if someone is posting in the wrong area?:

First of all, I would move it to the correct area. After I have done this, I would send them a PM on the forums, or discord and let them know of the change that I made to their thread.

However, if it is that someone is ‘shitposting’ on a serious matter (such as an application) then a punishment would be given out along with the appropriate number of points.

How would you approach someone who is breaking the forums rules? Give a detailed example:

To begin with, I would start with making a conversation with them on either the forums or discord (if they aren’t active forum users). Here, I would introduce myself and my role and tell them what they have done wrong. From here, I would hand out the appropriate punishment and be open to response and criticism. From this, I can both benefit as a moderator on the forums, and as a human with the way I may handle certain situations. Despite always double and even triple checking that I am about to make the correct decision.

Would you say you have common sense and can tell what is right from wrong? Yes

I know I posted a few MRP applications, however I have decided that I am needed more on the forums due to a shortage of staff here.

2. Charlie_

Charlie_ Big Boss Man | mesagaming.co.uk Banned OG MRP Supporter

would you just give points? What about a to shit to post or posting ban.

3. Daggersツ

Daggersツ Not racist Platinum VIP

Of course, but it depends on the severity of the post and how frequent it is done

4. Mist

Mist Member

+support

he's honestly a great guy all around, he's funny, chill, active and everything.

his answers were on point and everything

5. EthanL

EthanL Ex-NKSOF OC2 | Weeb lmao Platinum VIP

+Support
    You are very active on the forums, that matters a lot. You are also not biased and willing to help people when they need it.
    Good luck.

6. Chaz

Chaz The USMC Slaughterer OG MRP Supporter

+support
    active
    friendly
    active
    dedicated

7. Sloan

Sloan Al Qatala|FAT| Dyslectic Forum Junior Moderator Platinum VIP OG MRP Supporter

+Support
    dedicated
    active
    proffesional

8. AERA

AERA Member OG MRP Supporter

-/+ Neutral:

-/+ Too strict (can be seen both as a positive and a negative)
    - Sometimes causes unnecessary fights on the server
    + Forum activity is ok
    + Community Trusted

9. Seán

Seán Forum Man | Big Nig | Chunker Forum Manager Founder OG

[DECLINED]

I believe your maturity could massively increase, forum staff are depended on to uphold the rules of the forums at all times and keep a mature stature, I believe this is something you could massively work on.

Apply again in 2 weeks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.